At the Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide we are fast paced, adapt quickly, love what we do, and are hungry for success.
We have an opportunity for a Sous Chef to join our team! We are looking for someone who thrives on working within the kitchen team to ensure a consistent high quality product is delivered.
Reporting to the Executive Chef you will be instrumental in assisting with the seamless running of the kitchen operation.
In this hands-on role, you will enjoy the variety of working within a multi-outlet operation which includes restaurant, room service, bar and conferencing which caters for 10-420 delegates.
In this role you will:
- Cook with some of the finest South Australian produce you can get your hands on;
- Be inspired to develop your menu creation skills and enhance our current food offering;
- Continue to progress our unique menu concept;
- Play a pivotal role within our banquet department that is fast becoming one of the market leaders in its offering to customers;
- Ensure food standards, preparation, cooking and presentation are of the highest standard;
- Support cost and inventory control measures relevant to the kitchen operation;
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and standard of hygiene;
- Motivate, lead and coach a small team of junior chefs.
To succeed in this role you will:
- Have Chef de Partie or Sous Chef experience, a proven track record in a large restaurant or hotel environment;
- Demonstrate the ability to remain calm when under pressure, work at a fast pace whilst demonstrating exceptional attention to detail;
- Have a team orientated approach: working closely with the F&B service team and Conference Sales to achieve objectives.
As a member of our team, you will be rewarded for your capabilities with:
- A supportive, passionate and motivated management team;
- Ongoing coaching;
- Discount Accommodation at other Grand Chancellor properties in Australia and New Zealand.
This is a chance to learn all the aspects of running a kitchen operation in a team environment which is supportive and success focused.
Thank you for considering a career with the Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide. Please send us your resume and a cover letter by selecting the link below.