The James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor is one of Wellington’s most well-known hotels. We are part of the Grand Hotels International group with hotels located throughout New Zealand, Australia, Malaysia, and Singapore. Grand Hotels International is known for quality accommodation, exceptional service, convenient locations, and outstanding conference and meeting facilities.
The James Cook Hotel has 268 guest rooms and provides a 4.5-star experience to our Corporate, Government and Leisure guests.
We are looking for a customer focused Part Time Porter to join our dynamic, fast-paced Concierge Team.
As the Porter, you will support our Front Office Department to engage with a wide variety of guests from around the world. You will:
- Welcome and farewell Guests
- Be the first point of Contact for Guest Enquiries
- Valet car park vehicles and organize transportation
- Deliver Luggage and messages to guest rooms
- Provide directions and recommendations of Wellingtons services and tourist attractions
The role will require you to have the following:
- A Full Clean New Zealand Driver’s License with the ability to drive manual and automatic vehicles
- Exceptional Grooming Standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of the Wellington region
- Previous concierge/porter experience is preferable
- This is a rostered position so the successful candidate will need to be flexible to work any given day of the week AM, mid, or PM shifts, predominantly between the hours of 7 am to 12 pm, midday to 8.00pm, and 4 pm to 8 pm.
- Hours will be approximately 20-40 hours per week and rostered days off will vary depending on operational requirements.
If you are enthusiastic about developing your personal skills and knowledge and want to advance your career by working for one of Wellington's largest hotels…APPLY NOW!