Located just 30 minutes north from the bustle of central Cairns and 45 minutes south of Port Douglas, the beautiful seaside village of Palm Cove combines charm and sophistication with the warmth of the tropical north.
As the Night Manager, you will be responsible for the overall running of a 140 room hotel during the overnight shift and night audit procedure. Reception, cashiering and reservation duties will be part of your role while ensuring you provide a high standard of guest service. The successful Night Manager will display a professional, calm and competent attitude towards all hotel guests at all times. Rostered hours would be from 10:30pm to 7:00am.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all Night Audit responsibilities are completed, including but not limited to: balancing Food & Beverage outlet and Front Office dockets, balance credit cards, back up the system and running of the Night Audit program.
- Attend to Reception duties such as check-ins, check-outs, account settlements, currency exchange, and guest inquiries.
- Ensures all guest requests and complaints are handled promptly and professionally.
- Advise any discrepancies to Accounts and communicate with them to Assistant Front Office Manager.
- Conduct security walks of the property.
- Assist the Front Office Manager with ongoing training and development of the Front Office team.
- Complete shift audit, balance all cash and foreign currency, hand over floats to incoming Guest Service Agents and bank all cash.
- Comply with procedures regarding in-room safes and safe deposit boxes.
The successful candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent negotiation and counselling skills
- Good attention to detail with the focus on achieving positive outcomes
- Previous management experience advantageous
- Previous Night Audit experience within a hotel environment
- Reliability and commitment to the set roster
- Experience with Protel property management system would be considered advantageous
The hotel will provide the successful applicant with uniforms, duty meal whilst on shift, discounted accommodation throughout the Grand Chancellor International group as well as training and development opportunities.