Hotel Grand Chancellor has an exciting opportunity available. Maintaining an iconic building in Townsville known as the Sugar Shaker.
In this hands-on role, you will manage all processes within the maintenance department and will be directly responsible for the implementation of all preventative maintenance scheduling and planning of expenditure. You will drive the focus on all maintenance related operations, processes, budgets, manning, standards and customer and team satisfaction.
Reporting directly to the Hotel Manager, key duties will include:
- Responsible for the overall maintenance strategies and planning, including critical ongoing maintenance issues.
- Ongoing improvement of the preventative maintenance system and implementation.
- Coordinating and supervising external contractors.
- Development of cost containment/reduction and work improvement strategies where appropriate and applicable.
- Prepares Capex for work of significant expenditure whether performed by the engineering/maintenance team or sub-contractors.
- Responsible for overall good housekeeping of plant and machinery
- Work Health and Safety champion, particularly in relation to fire safety, SWMS, and the safety of our employees, guests, and contractors.
For this role, we are looking for someone able to demonstrate previous experience in building maintenance and managing a small team. You will be proactive, highly organised and have high attention to detail with safety always at the forefront of your mind.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Previous leadership experience in a similar role;
- Clear communication skills, the ability to manage deadlines, patience and a positive attitude.
- Proven commitment to providing excellence in quality and service;
- An exceptional eye for detail and excellent organisations skills;
- An ability to work well under pressure;
- Preferably have a trade background.
- Ability to be on call for any maintenance emergencies.
Hotel Grand Chancellor offers the successful candidate uniforms, duty meals, car parking, mobile phone, a professional but down to earth work culture and a supportive team environment.
If this sounds like your next career move, we would love to hear from you TODAY!