Set in the beautiful tropical location of Palm Cove, the Hotel Grand Chancellor is all about exceeding guest expectations. We are currently looking for a casual Guest Services Agent to join the Front Office Department.
The Guest Service Agent will be responsible for ensuring that the customer service is of the highest standard, displaying at all times a professional, competent attitude and commitment to going the extra mile.
- Greet and welcome all guests with a warm and friendly attitude.
- Guest registration to include check in/out.
- Cashiering which includes foreign exchange and balancing daily transactions.
- Handle guest queries and complaints promptly and professionally.
- Liaise closely with all departments in the Hotel, particularly Housekeeping.
- Assist when required with after hours Reservation enquiries.
- Report all guest complaints, initiating a solution.
- Liaise with Housekeeping regarding early departures, extension or late checkouts.
- Provide guests with an accurate and efficient checkout ensuring hospitality standards are followed.
- Balance all transactions at the end of shift ensuring postings have the correct supporting documentation and discrepancies reported.
- Excellent presentation with effective communication skills.
- Outgoing and friendly with a positive attitude.
- Ability to remain calm and work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate across different departments throughout the hotel.
- Committed to providing superior customer service to all guests.
- Highly organised and self-motivated.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Previous experience with Protel will be seen as advantageous.
- Available to work on a rotating roster including mornings, nights, weekends, public holidays and occasionally graveyard shifts.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact The Team at Hotel Grand Chancellor Palm Cove on 07 3834 4861, quoting Ref No. PCGSA.