Currently, an opportunity exists at the Hotel Grand Chancellor Townsville for a Guest Service Manager to join our team.
Reporting directly to the Assistant Front Office Manager, you will be responsible for the hands-on day to day management of our Front desk team, not only meeting our guests' arrival and departure needs, but for bringing our hotel to life, engaging with our guests and handling any issues which arise. Working as part of a larger management team you will have a flair for smart, sustainable business solutions, yet demonstrate a flexible and adaptive hands-on approach to managing employee relationships within the business to meet operational demands.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Effective coordination and supervision of all guest arrivals and departures
- Deliver exceptional customer service to all guests and handle guest complaints with patience and in the most professional manner.
- Attend to Reception duties such as check-ins, check-outs, account settlements, and guest inquiries.
- Effectively communicating with all departments of the hotel to ensure customer satisfaction is consistently achieved.
- Complete shift audit, balance all cash and hand over floats to incoming Guest Service Agents and bank all cash.
- Liaise with Reservation & Sales team regarding any changes in arrivals, departures, groups and VIP's.
- Assist with the training and development of the front office team.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
- At least 12 months experience as an Assistant Manager/Duty Manager in a similar property
- Proven experience in leading and effectively motivating a team
- Strong interpersonal skills both with internal and external customers
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Confidence and ability to handle complex issues, ability to problem solve and remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Impeccable grooming and personal presentation
- Unlimited working rights in Australian
- You are available to work a rotating roster with various shifts including late evenings, early mornings, overnight, weekends and public holidays.
In return, Hotel Grand Chancellor offers you a supportive and friendly work environment, training opportunities, uniforms supplied and laundered, accommodation discounts and food & beverage discounts, duty meal and a generous employee reward and recognition program.