The James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor is one of Wellington’s most well-known Hotels. We are part of the Grand Hotels International group with hotels located throughout New Zealand, Australia, Malaysia and Singapore. Grand Hotels International is known for quality accommodation, exceptional service, convenient locations and outstanding conference and meeting facilities.
As a Food & Beverage Supervisor you will face many exciting challenges. You will be required to oversee staff in “Whitby's”, our 250 seat a la carte & buffet restaurant and Piano Bar, as well as our more intimate cafe/restaurant and bar in the hotel lobby - 'Sojourn' - which serves food & beverage throughout the day - coffees by day and cocktails by night, room service and our newly refurbished Club Lounge on 26th floor.
As an integral member of the food and beverage supervisory team, quality service and high standards are very important to ensure we meet and exceed customer expectations. Specific responsibilities include:
- Supervise the Food & Beverage operations of the hotel outlets ensuring all guests are provided with an efficient and friendly service with consistent high quality products
- Ensure guest satisfaction by assisting the Assistant Restaurant & Bar Manager and the Restaurant & Bar Manager with hands on supervision and leadership
- Developing and driving the team to deliver exceptional and memorable service by leading by example in delivery and enhancing product knowledge
- Understand menu content, any menu changes and promotional activities
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- At least one years' experience as a Food & Beverage Supervisor or in a similar role
- Hospitality degree or diploma
- Flair & passion for the food and beverage industry with excellent food and beverage product knowledge
- You will be enthusiastic about delivering great customer service
- Ability to lead, develop and motivate a team
- Ability to multi task and think on your feet
- A positive and proactive attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility to be available Monday through to Sunday including mornings, afternoons and evenings.
If you are enthusiastic about developing your personal skills and knowledge and want to advance your career by working for Wellingtons iconic James Cook Hotel. APPLY NOW!
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Human Resources on 04 495 0270, quoting Ref No. 871772.