The James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor is one of Wellington’s most well-known Hotels. We are part of the Grand Hotels International group with hotels located throughout New Zealand, Australia, Malaysia and Singapore. Grand Hotels International is known for quality accommodation, exceptional service, convenient locations and outstanding conference and meeting facilities.
We have an opportunity to join our Reservations team in a Full Time capacity as a Guest Services Operator for a fixed term from now until early October 2020 to cover Maternity leave. The position includes, but is not limited to:
- Answering calls in a professional and friendly manner
- Transferring callers to the appropriate guest room or department
- Assisting with a diverse range of guest enquiries
- Receiving and updating guest reservations
- Balancing the minibar charges
- Processing of staff transport
The Guest Services Operator is a key part of the Reservations team, assisting with entering bookings into the reservations system and taking responsibility for reservation enquiries mornings, evenings and weekends.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Previous experience working in a customer service (or administration) role
- A professional and friendly telephone etiquette
- Great attention to detail
- Be highly organised and efficient
- Ability to problem solve over the telephone
- Be customer focused
- Have a positive and can do attitude
Hours of work are over seven days and shifts will be rostered between 7am and 11pm.
If you are enthusiastic about developing your personal skills and knowledge and want to advance your career by working for Wellingtons iconic James Cook Hotel. APPLY NOW!