The James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor is one of Wellington’s most well-known Hotels. We are part of the Grand Hotels International group with hotels located throughout New Zealand, Australia, Malaysia and Singapore. Grand Hotels International is known for quality accommodation, exceptional service, convenient locations and outstanding conference and meeting facilities.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous Hotel Front Office Supervisory experience (in a 4/5 star hotel is preferred)
- A General Managers Certificate or the willingness to obtain one is required
- Diploma in Hospitality or relevant qualification
- Have a Full Clean New Zealand Driver’s License with the ability to drive both automatic and manual vehicles
- Be passionate about providing exceptional customer service
- Have fantastic time management skills with the ability to multi task and prioritise according to the hotel’s daily requirements
- Have the ability to lead, develop and motivate a team
- Have experience with conflict resolution and guest complaints
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be positive and have a can do attitude
- Have the ability to work on any given day of the week for AM or PM shifts between the hours of 7am and midnight as this is a rostered position.
Our ideal candidate will be someone with enthusiasm and a commitment towards promoting a professional and friendly working environment. If you are seeking to develop your personal skills and knowledge and want to advance your career by working for one of Wellington's most well-known hotels, apply Now!