This is your opportunity to join the Hotel Grand Chancellor Melbourne, an award winning 160 room 4 star property in the heart of Melbourne. We are currently seeking a dynamic, creative and career focused individual to join our Food and Beverage team.
Hotel Grand Chancellor Melbourne offers two dining options including Encore Bar & Restaurant and Footlights Restaurant, as well as a dedicated function level compromising of six meeting rooms.
The main duties of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Taking orders and offering receommendations for both food & wine using your exceptional knowledge of the menu
- Communicating with the kitchen at all times i.e. notifying and understanding of dietary requirements, changes to the order or special requests
- Maximising revenue via upselling of menu items
- Resetting of tables, bar & function rooms
- Taking drink orders, mixing cocktails and general bar duties
- Ensuring cleanliness throughout all food & beverage outlets
- Ensuring high degree of food hygiene at all times
- Complying with liquor licensing legislation at all times
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar position with function and a la carte service
- A friendly customer focused attitude with passion to provide exemplary customer satisfaction
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build rapport with our guests and other team members
- The ability to multi task and thrive in high pressure situations
- To be prepared to work in various Food and Beverage outlets within the property
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Certificate (Victoria)
- A professional can do attitude
- Be well presented with high grooming standards.
Flexibility in relation to hours of work, in particular early mornings, evenings and weekend work is essential.
If you feel this opportunity is for you then please forward on your resume and cover letter for our consideration.