We are currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor on a full-time basis who enjoys a variety of tasks and can assist in leading a successful productive maintenance team. The Maintenance department works a roster across Monday to Saturday, with most shifts starting at 9 am and finishing at 5 pm.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out a range of maintenance and cleaning tasks around the hotel
- Cleaning air filters, prepping areas for paint, cleaning areas after tradesmen, gardening, minor repair work in guest rooms.
- Keeping the overall Hotel appearance at peak level
- Be a friendly face and helping hand to our guests and coworkers
- Maintain electronic records of jobs completed using Upkeep system;
- Build & maintain professional and courteous relationships with guests, co-workers and management.
- Work to safety standards – follow guidelines and tell your supervisor about any incidents, dangerous conditions or unsafe equipment.
- Take responsibility for the safety and cleanliness of areas inside and outside the hotel, like the car park and pool
- Be ready to take on other tasks when the team need you
- Lead the team during the Maintenance Manager's absence.
- Be on call during the Maintenance Manager's leave periods.
To be successful in this role, the applicant must possess:
- Maintenance or repair work background
- Previous experience on commercial properties is advantageous
- Experience using a variety of hand tools
- Confidence and a 'can do' attitude;
- Proven ability to work independently & as part of a team.
- Ability to carry out manual handling duties and to be able to work at heights including working overhead, kneeling, working on your feet for long periods.
- Willingness to assist with other maintenance tasks including minor repair work and cleaning duties.
- Ability to work Saturday's as rostered