Situated on the highest point in Brisbane’s central business district, opposite the picturesque Roma Street Parklands, Frescos restaurant serves up enticing buffet favourites for breakfast and a la carte dining for dinner. The menu is uncomplicated, featuring simple delights perfectly prepared. Creative new dishes are introduced on a regular basis by our team of dedicated chefs.
We are currently looking for a full-time Commis Chef to join our passionate kitchen team. As our Commis Chef, you will be responsible for overseeing the cold larder section of the Frescos kitchen.
The successful candidate will possess strong communication skills and a genuine passion for Food and Beverage as well as quality. You thrive on working in a dynamic, fast-paced kitchen and have the ability to perform multiple tasks at once. You take pride in developing your team members and have the ability to assume responsibility and work autonomously.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Food preparation and plate presentation for a la carte, buffet, room service and conference.
- Assisting the Head Chef with day to day operations.
- Having a pro-active / flexible approach in adapting to guest requests.
- Ensuring there are adequate levels of stock for service.
- Maintenance and cleanliness of kitchen equipment.
- Preparing and storing food in accordance with hygiene legislation.
- Working in a team environment, ensuring timely service and a high standard of presentation of our hotel product.
To be successful in this role, the applicant must possess:
- Minimum 2 years as a Commis Chef.
- Must have Certificate III in Commercial Cookery.
- Passion for cooking.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Flexible availability to work across a variety of shifts.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure.
You are flexible to work a variety of shifts including early mornings, evenings and weekends. You are committed to delivering exceptional customer service and pride yourself in going above and beyond for the team at large. You are professional and dedicated to delivering quality cuisine. You are personable with a happy demeanour who enjoys working as a team.