Hotel Grand Chancellor Launceston is the city’s premier hotel which offers superior accommodation, superb local cuisine and extensive conference facilities in the centre of Northern Tasmania. The Hotel receives business across all market segments with a strong corporate, leisure and conference focus.
We are looking for motivated, energetic and experienced Chef de Partie to join and lead our team!
About the Role:
Our new team member will receive the opportunity to work with Tasmania's fine and local produce and to work with our creative, dynamic and diverse team.
Reporting to our Executive Chef and Sous Chef, our new Chef de Partie will have a strong presence in our Avenue Restaurant team, which is the Hotel's a-la-carte dining experience.
We are looking for someone who has already established themselves as a proven culinary professional with a drive for professional development.
Having already worked in the industry for some time, you will be a confident leader, trainer and mentor to our junior chefs and be a positive role-model to those working with you.
You are someone that is passionate about the Hospitality industry and about customer satisfaction.
At the Hotel Grand Chancellor, we pride ourselves on the development and career advancement of our Chefs and this position is made for a talented a-la-carte professional who is seeking a dynamic role to further their creative style and passion for food.
To be our next team member, you will need:
- Passionate about customer experience and the Hospitality industry
- Relevant industry experience
- Exceptional organisation, time management and delegation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective leadership skills including the ability to train and mentor your team
- Ability to work as a part of a team environment
- Ability to maintain high and consistent standards
- Understanding of food safety standards and HACCP
- Must be willing and able to work a variety of shifts including days, nights, weekends and public holidays
For your talent, we offer:
- Discounted accommodation at our other Hotel Grand Chancellor's in Australia and New Zealand
- Discounted dining experience in our Avenue Restaurant
- Discounted parking
- Diverse organisational structure
- Career progression and professional growth