The James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor is Wellington's most well-known Hotel. We are part of the Grand Hotels International group with hotels located throughout New Zealand, Australia, Malaysia and Singapore. Grand Hotels International is known for quality accommodation, exceptional service, convenient locations and outstanding conference and meeting facilities.
As an Assistant Restaurant & Bar Manager, you will face many exciting challenges. You will be required to oversee staff in "Whitby's", our 250 seat a la carte & buffet restaurant and Piano Bar, as well as our more intimate cafe/restaurant and bar in the hotel lobby - 'Sojourn' - which serves food & beverage throughout the day - coffees by day and cocktails by night, room service and our newly refurbished Club Lounge on 26th floor.
We require someone who would love to provide exceptional customer service to our valued guests, someone who thrives under pressure and can successfully lead and motivate a team. The successful applicant will have food & beverage knowledge and the capacity to work in a busy professional environment as this role is fast paced and requires you to be able to think on your feet.
The successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of two years' experience in a supervisory role in a large high quality operation and experience in managing people. The job is fast paced and requires a team player with energy and strong leadership skills to drive the team and the department. You must be passionate about hospitality and demonstrate outstanding customer care and organizational skills.
The key skills and attributes the successful candidate will possess are:
- Hospitality diploma, post graduate or relevant qualification
- License Controller Qualification
- First Aid Certificate
- The ability to lead, develop and motivate a team
- The desire to always put the customers' needs above all else
- The ability to multi-task and problem solve effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organised and efficient person
- Previous experience in a similar role within a hotel environment
- A passion for the hospitality industry and a desire to see our hotel succeed in all areas of operations
This position is a salary position, covering both day and night shifts, so the successful candidate must be flexible with their availability.