Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane is looking for an experienced Kitchen Steward with a positive, flexible outlook and effective communication skills to join our kitchen brigade. As a Steward, you will oversee the hotel back-of-house operation by ensuring the highest level of attention to the cleanliness and sanitation of all food and storage outlets.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organisation as instructed by the Executive Chef of the freezer, fridges and dry stores
- Ensure and maintain cleanliness of the general kitchen, kitchen utensils and kitchen equipment.
- Washing dishes and cutlery
- Clean and stack correctly as instructed of all the hotel's crockery, cutlery and pots and pans.
- Operate the commercial dishwasher
- Cleaning the kitchen walls, benches and floors
- Taking out rubbish bins
- Receiving and delivering stock
- Previous cleaning experience in a commercial kitchen or similar environment
- Ability to work in a physical role (lift, pull and push a moderate amount of weight)
- Ability to multitask in a high pressure environment
- Awareness of Occupational Health & Safety and food hygiene
- Good communication skills
- Flexible availability including weekends and public holidays
- Must have full working rights in Australia
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact The Team at Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane on 07 3834 4861, quoting Ref No. KH4000.