The James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor is one of Wellington’s most well-known Hotels. We are part of the Grand Hotels International group with hotels located throughout New Zealand, Australia, Malaysia and Singapore. Grand Hotels International is known for quality accommodation, exceptional service, convenient locations and outstanding conference and meeting facilities.
We are seeking an electrician to join our small and dedicated maintenance team to assist with the efficient operation of our 268 room hotel.
The role includes completing electrical work and other general maintenance work and assisting with Building Compliance and IQP requirements for the James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor and Grand Central Management when requested.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Minimum of EASB electrical licence
- Hold a current NZ electrical registration
- Have a full New Zealand drivers licence
- Current first aid certificate
- Previous Industrial experience (minimum 1 year)
- Previous general maintenance experience is an advantageous
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise their workload
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be energetic, motivated with a positive CAN DO attitude
The successful candidate will be required to work Monday to Friday, however must be flexible to work some weekends as required, and be on call (after hours and weekends) due to the nature of a 24 hour hotel.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Human Resources on 04 495 0270, quoting Ref No. 843855.