Start 2019 with a bang! We have an exciting opportunity within our successful events team. The role of Business Development Manager - MICE Proactive is required to generate and facilitate a wide range of events and conferences. Working with a state of the art Conference Centre you will be selling Brisbane’s greatest event venue. The Conference Centre presents itself as a unique designer space with 11 purpose-built meeting rooms catering for up to 1000 delegates, allowing for endless possibilities. This is a rare opportunity to join a very dynamic team of professionals and build your reputation within the conference and events market in Brisbane.
Reporting to our Director of Sales and Marketing, this exciting role will give you the opportunity to be responsible for detailed property inspections, the production of proposals, event agreements, proactive sales calls.
You’ll bring administrative and organisational experience to the role, be tech savvy and keep a cool head under pressure. You will have an eye for detail, high-level customer service, negotiation, communication & presentation skills, and a positive can do attitude.
- The coordination of all conferencing and events including proactive sales, client enquiry, quoting, negotiating, contracting, up-selling and producing function sheets to the delivery of the event. In addition to this, post event billing, follow up and re-contracting for future needs.
- High level of pro-active sales ability
- Ensure that guest service is of the highest possible standards displaying at all time a professional competent attitude and commitment to exceeding guest expectations paying high attention to detail.
- Cross selling other Grand Chancellor properties whenever possible.
- Maximise all total hotel revenue opportunities and manage business to ensure that budgets are met or exceeded.
- Drive customer loyalty by delivering service excellence
- Represent the hotel at tradeshows and hotel networking functions
- Provide leads and information where possible to the sales team to ensure the full potential of each account is established.
Skills & Experience
- Exceptional grooming and presentation
- Excellent sales and business development skills
- Previous experience in a similar role within a hotel desirable
- Operational background in banquets / food & beverage would be seen as advantageous
- Display an enthusiastic and welcoming attitude toward client and hotel guests.
- Work with an attitude of open communication, professionalism and team spirit.
- Take personal responsibility for any tasks as required, to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Uniforms provided
- Complimentary carparking
- Fantastic rewards and recognition programs
- Discounted Accommodation benefits
- Positive supportive culture passionate about service standards
If this sounds like an opportunity you are looking for please apply now.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact The Team at Hotel Grand Chancellor Brisbane on 07 3834 4861, quoting Ref No. SALES.